Sunday, June 10, 2007

Final Post

Well I was originally planning to continue making posts to share the results of my flight tests but I've come to the conclusion that I'm just too lazy. I'm having a hard time motivating myself to update this blog when I could be out flying! It's just too time consuming to update my own testing documents and then update this website. Unfortunately, the Blogger website does not allow any files to be uploaded except images. I tried using a third party file hosting site in my last post but that only worked for a short period of time before the file was deleted. I also tried importing the files into Google Documents but there were too many headaches and bugs.

If you are really interested in my performance and testing data, send me an email and I'll email you my documents.

So far I have flown my S-14 eleven times. The last ten times were done ten days in a row! I still have a lot of testing to perform but so far the plane, engine, and instruments are working great.

I will continue to update this blog with back dated posts and photos. I've made a promise to myself that I won't start any other projects until the blog is complete.

It took me 500 hours to build my S-14 and another 1000 hours doing research. All of this within two years. Building my S-14 is probably my greatest accomplishment to date. I wouldn't say I enjoyed every minute of it but it was definitely a rewarding project.

What will I build next...